One person has died and three others have been seriously injured following a gas explosion at a residential building in Dubai’s Al Mankhool area.
A Dubai Police spokesperson told ARN News that the incident happened on Saturday evening.
Cooking gas had leaked in one of the apartments and eventually triggered the explosion.
An explosion caused by cooking gas leakage at a residential unit in Al Mankhool area has resulted in one death and three serious injuries. Dubai Police secured the area while the victims, all Asian nationals, were transferred to Rashid Hospital.#DubaiPolice#SmartSecureTogether pic.twitter.com/k3HcGGNIeR— Dubai Policeشرطة دبي (@DubaiPoliceHQ) September 29, 2019
The building was cordoned off and the injured were shifted to Rashid Hospital.
All the residents have been offered temporary accommodation at a nearby hotel.